February 2nd, 2007

Hagrid (Harry Potter)

July Potter Bonanza

Chocolate apparently has 97% appeal. Of the remaining 3%, 2% are allergic, and 1% are just weird enough to not like it... um... and that would be jenvargas. Otherwise, the response one gets for bringing a "chocolate truffle cake" to an evening gathering is universally positive. A hearty repast begs for a fulfilling dessert, a point of view I have been advocating for years but only recently has found not just acceptance, but enthusiasm for.

A combination of good meal, electric screwdrivers,* chocolate truffle cake and good company has placed me in an extremely satisfying springboard for subconcious activity. I shall therefore set myself to creating even more Monsters from the Id forthwith.

That is to say... I'm off to bed.

Good night.


Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix - film due July 13, 2007
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - novel due July 21, 2007

Collapse )

...um... that would be melancthe.


Meanwhile, in slightly less apparent areas of the news...



Twin Peaks Season Two - DVD due April 3, 2007


Seriously, folks; it is rare enough, due to the nature of the process, to see surrealism on film. Luis Buñuel Portolés ain't around no more, and the modern audiences wouldn't understand what made his collaboration with Salvador Dalí, Un chien andalou, the marriage of the film medium, dada and Surrealism that it is if it plodded up and bit them on the derrière... mostly because of how often the groundbreaking discourse of Un chien andalou has been assimilated into the cinematic mainstream, albeit usually in a narrative framework.




* Orange/tangerine juice and vodka as opposed to just plain orange juice and vodka (regular screwdriver).
Pat Mustard (Father Ted)

"Put ze kendle BECK!"



Yoinked from mortimusmonk - and well worth doing because it actually reminded me of a few films that I hadn't seen for a while that I wouldn't mind watching again, as well as being a gentle prod to get a bit moving on my Netflixing for some of the ones I haven't seen at all - is a Collapse )

Yoinked from janetweiss69 is the Collapse )