This entry was primarily composed on my BlackBerry while in the air…
- They say any landing you can walk away from is a good one. I say any landing you can walk away from with a briefcase filled with $250,000 unmarked bills is better. Not that this had anything to do with Dan and my experience when we landed, I'm just saying…
- Whilst I do not play the game, due to where I grew up, I can recognize a golf course at 36,000 feet.
- There is no man on the wing of this plane.
- Kansas is flat and The Wizard of Oz is a relatively accurate depiction of its color scheme.
- We have not done so on this trip, but one of the neatest things you can see outside an airplane window is a thunderstorm that you're passing over. What a sight that is!
- Leon is still getting larger!
- The Rocky Mountains are impressive no matter what your altitude. I remember when going cross-country having entered Colorado; we recognized those giant dark silhouettes on the horizon weren't low clouds but actually mountains! Laurie, a native of the region, dismissed our collective awe by stating that those were but mere foothills.
From the air, they look like what they really are: crinkles in the land!
- Shouldn't you be allowed to gamble on an airplane whilst flying over Nevada's air space?
- I hope that this blog post hasn't put you off flying. Statistically speaking, it is still the safest way to travel.
LiveJournal has introduced a direct interface with Facebook. My future (public) blog posts will appear on Facebook as a link to the blog instead of the RSS feed I'd been using up until now, which has some serious flaws, not least of which is that it usually screws up my HTML formatting when importing. This should make things a bit smoother, I think. There are no intentions of improving the content at this time.