1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make New Year's resolutions. If I want to change something about myself, I change it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Hell's yes! Tim and Patsy had Sally!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 28, the date of my first surgery.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
I think I could have been a bit less complacent about having my job back.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh yeah. I had to have my gall bladder removed.
11. What was the best thing(s) you bought?
The Creative Nomad (it's like an iPod but cheaper) and The Bronze Mist (my car).
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My brother really cleaned up his act.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My grandmother's. Sure, she's under a lot of stress, but she was getting very combative when people were trying their best to help her.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Movies and music. Food, too.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Music. Some of the movies...
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2005?
"Folsom Prison Blues," mostly because of Walk the Line.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
A) happier or sadder? Happier
B) thinner or fatter? Thinner
C) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
As usual, I went to see my father's side of the family (without my father, of course) in Connecticut.
21. How will you be spending New Year's?
I'm going to Tim's house in Rockland. I like to be as far from Manhattan as possible on New Year's.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Battlestar Galactica, which I know partially predates 2005, but I caught up with it when it came out on DVD.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't really hate anybody that much (on a personal level).
26. What was the best book you read?
Orson Scott Card's Magic Street.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Serge Franklin's score from Child of the Wolves.
28. What did you want and get?
I didn't really want for anything this year, with the obvious exception of sex. Which I didn't get.
30. What was your favorite film(s) of this year?
Alphabetically: Batman Begins, Capote, Good Night and Good Luck, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Walk the Line
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
In a strange coincidence, the age I turned was the number of this question. I spent the day in the hospital.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Dress for comfort.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
For most of the year, it was this idiotic war. Then Katrina happened, laying bare how dangerous having an administration as corrupt the current one is.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
hadara and suitboyskin's nifty roomates and some more Rocky pals.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
The warranty on one's body really does expire after thirty years.
It turns out that nobody in the office knew what I had to do in order to get the returns processed before the new year. We'll still get a decent budget push for what we're sending back, but it will have to happen after the holiday. Oh well.