Since I put the control stick on the iPod, my already long headphone chord (I use a pair of Sennheisser HD 280 Pro 64Ω because they're closed headphones that sound great, I don't care how much they make me look like Princess Leia) has become ludicrously extended. However, the control stick attaches to the bottom of the iPod, and it does not cut off the output from the headphone jack on the iPod itself. That means that I can plug the headphones into the iPod's headphone jack, but still use the control stick.
When I worked as a security guard at Barclays' (oh, what horrible memories on many levels), we had these earpieces for our radios that had an extension that went through your jacket sleeve with a transmit button on it. They were horrible because the earpieces hurt like hell. On the other hand, the convenience of having the control right in my hand at all times was undeniable. I fed the iPod's control stick through my jacket sleeve and clipped it on to the end of the sleeve so it was right by my hand. It was great.
Yoinked from jenvargas is the erroneously titled 30 Unknown Facts/Secrets About Yourself
1. What does your Live Journal headline mean?:
"Monsters from the id!" is a line from Forbidden Planet.
2. Elaborate on your default photo:
So, did Conan return the wayward daughter of King Osric to her home. And having no further concern, he and his companions sought adventure in the West. Many wars and feuds did Conan fight. Honor and fear were heaped upon his name and, in time, he became a king by his own hand...
...but that is another story.
3. Who was the last person to make you smile?:
whosamama and my brother, last night.
4. What's your current relationship status?:
5. What EXACTLY are you wearing right now?:
Gray short sleeved shirt with a collar, jeans, gray socks, loafers, boxer shorts and a black glove. Still.
6. What is your current problem?:
I seem to be swimming through a sea of feminine indifference.
7. What do you love most?:
8. What makes you most happy?:
Discovering something new within something familiar.
9. Are you musically inclined?:
I refer you to most of the rest of this blog for the answer to that.
10. If you could go back in time, and change something, what would it be?
I can think of a few things. But I'm not sure I'd be happy with myself were I to do them.
11. If you MUST be an animal for ONE day, what would it be?
A cat, of course.
12. Ever have a near death experience?:
13. What did you do last night?:
Had dinner with my family (Mother's Day and all that) then went home and had to reload The Fellowship of the Ring back into the iPod because the files that were in there had gotten corrupted.
14. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
Actually, it's a motif from Flesh + Blood, which I was listening to yesterday afternoon.
15. Who did you cut and paste this from?:
16. Name someone with the same birthday as you:
Slushpuppy Mike and Sandy.
17. Have you ever vandalized someones private property?:
In my more uncontrolled youth.
18. Have you ever been in a fight?:
19. Have you ever sang in front of a large audience?:
Yes. I was almost always a lead in my elementary school plays.
20. What are you doing tonight?:
Don't know. Maybe I'll call Raz and we'll see a movie or something.
21. What do you usually order from Starbucks?:
22. Do you have a crush on anybody from your Top 8?:
This refers, of course, to MySpace, the account I deleted last week. The answer there is that at the moment I do not have a crush on anybody, Top 8 or not.
23. Ever had a drunken night in Mexico?:
I've never been to Mexico.
24. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?:
Well, people used to tell me I look like Benny Hill.
25. Do you still watch kiddy movies or TV shows?:
Sometimes. I never miss a Pixar release, for example.
26. Did you have braces?:
Hell's yes. I used to look like Bugs Bunny, but all that was fixed while I was in grade school.
27. Are you comfortable with your height?:
28. When was the last time you spent the night somewhere?:
I stayed at my parents' house last week while my car was being inspected. Before that, I visited suitboyskin in Boston.
29. Do you speak any other languages?:
I am fluent in Pig Latin.
30. What's your favorite smell?:
whosamama's pasta sauce in the crockpot; it's also the most infuriating because it cooks all day and we don't get to eat it until much, much later.
I just ordered a sealed LP of The Wind and the Lion. So there.