69 Confession Questions
1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be?
One of my friends, I guess.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Heh. Yeah. Sure. All the time. Actually, I rarely walk out of the store with the cart.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
It really depends on the situation... the more people, the less I talk.
4. Do you take compliments well?
I never know what to say.
5. Do you play Sudoku?
I did for a while, but it really isn't that engaging after you've done it a few times.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
For a while. I was a Boy Scout, after all.
7. Do you like nipple rings?
In general, not really, but some women are able to make it fly.
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
9. What was your favorite game as a kid?
Othello. I guess things haven't changed much...
10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married what would you do?
I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that it may incriminate me.
12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
That's a rough one, as I really loathe religion in general so that would be a real turn-off for me. I suppose it would be possible if they weren't deeply religious, if they believed in the Spinoza/Einstein God model as opposed to any of the organized religions.
13. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
I like to be pursued.
14. Use three words to describe yourself?
Loyal, introspective and reasonable.
15. Do any songs make you cry?
Rarely do songs make me cry, but I have been known to have very strong emotional reactions to expressive melodies.
16. Are you continuing your education?
At some point I will, but I need to take stock of what I want to do with my life right now.
17. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
No. I hate guns.
18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
My napsack, which has my laptop and iAudio (mp3 player) in it.
19. How often do you read books?
I'm usually reading something, most often science fiction. Right now I'm reading Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion.
20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
I think most about the future, albeit not necessarily in the most constructive way.
21. Favorite children's book?
Cloudy, with a Chance of Meatballs written by by Judi Barrett and illustrated by Ron Barrett. Or The Big Book of Amazing Facts, which I learned more from than six years of elementary school.
22. What color are your eyes?
Steel Gray. Okay, they're blue.
23. How tall are you?
24. Do you have a crush on 'Dave the Goofy Professor' from GoofyAuctions.com?
27. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
28. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
Raz and I ate there a few months ago. It was without a doubt one of the worst dining experiences either of us ever had.
30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
Manhattan for work.
32. Do you like mustard?
33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
I like both, but I can go longer without eating than I can without sleeping.
34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
I am a clone of my paternal grandfather.
35. How long does it take you in the shower?
36. Can you do the splits?
Yes, I can eat many banana splits.
37. What movie do you want to see right now?
There are a few; Little Miss Sunshine and The Queen are at the top of the list.
39. What did you do for New Year's?
I went to a party in Manhattan.
40. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
I didn't see it; I have to admit that I have a hard time accepting that Buffy would be in that great danger from such a diminutive ghost. I dunno.
42. Do you own a camera phone?
They all are now.
44. Was your mom a cheerleader?
I doubt it. She was a flower child.
45. What's the last letter of your middle name?
L. What the hell kind of a question is that?
47. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
7 or 8, optimally. I like to sleep.
48. Do you like care bears?
I have nothing against them, really, but...
49.What do you buy at the Movies?
Tickets. Maybe a bottle of water.
50. Do you know how to play poker?
51. Do you wear your seatbelt?
52. What do you wear to sleep?
53. Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
I live in New York. Everything happens here.
55. Is your tongue pierced?
56. Do you like Liver and Onions?
57. Are you in love?
58. Do you like funny or serious people better?
I think it depends on the person.
59. Ever been to L.A.?
Yes. It's very sunny.
61. Do you visit GoofyAuctions.com daily?
There we go again with that Goofy stuff. No.
62. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
I don't usually download music at all; due to my audiophile tendencies, I'm not a big fan of having compressed sources, and because the music I listen to is mostly of a fringe market, I have to buy the CDs to keep the companies producing them afloat. When I do download, I rarely pay for it, though.
63. Do you hate chocolate?
I love chocolate.
64. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
I don't fight with my parents. My mom, stepdad and I get along just fine, and I haven't seen my biological father in... going on six years now, I think.
65. Are you a gullible person?
No. I don't usually believe anything.
66. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
I might. I'm certainly not happy without one.
67. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be?
For years, I would answer this question with "filmmaker." I'm not so sure right now.
68. Are you easy to get along with?
I think so. But then again, I don't like most people, so... maybe not.
69. What is your favorite time of day?
1. first thing you wash in the shower?
2. what color is your favorite hoodie?
I don't have a hoodie.
3. do you like coffee?
I didn't for many years, then one day I started really enjoying it.
4. how do you get to school/work?
I usually take the Q26 to the 7 Express, but I sometimes drive in.
5. how are you feeling RIGHT now?
6. do you have a crush on anyone?
It would appear so.
7. do you say aim or a-i-m?
8. tell me about the last dream you remember having.
I never remember my dreams.
9. could you eat your favorite food everyday for a month and not get sick of it?
No. Nobody can except kids whose parents let them do shit like that.
10. what are you craving?
11. what's your middle name?
Michael. Very imaginative of my parents, see.
12. what comes to mind when i say cabbage?
Kimchi. I don't like cabbage very much, actually.
13. what color do you wear the most of?
Denim, because 99.99999% of the time, that's what I'm wearing.
14. how old is your dad?
I have no idea.
15. would you dance with me to the taco song?
I don't dance... and what is this "Taco Song" you speak of?
16. have you ever counted to 1,000?
Good heavens, no.
17. do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
I lick and nibble.
18. do you use smileys?
19. how many bedrooms are in your house?
I live in a single bedroom apartment.
20. have you ever met a celebrity?
21. do you like cottage cheese?
Yes, I do.
22. what's the last song you had stuck in your head?
"Navras," one of the collaborations between Don Davis and Juno Reactor for the otherwise odious The Matrix Revolutions.
23. how many countries have you visited?
Three, I think?
24. are your parents strict?
25. would you go sky diving?
26. would you go out to eat with george w. bush?
Absolutely not. I prefer to eat with humans, not swine.
27. would you throw potatoes at him?
If I absolutely had to eat with him, yes.
29. have you ever tried to get inside the refrigerator?
30. do you rent movies often?
I will go through periods where I rent tons of movies all at once, then taper off for several months. That's why Netflix rules.
31. who sits in front of you in math class?
I graduated already.
32. what color is your razor/shaver?
Silver and black.
33. what state are you from?
34. can you count backwards from 74?
35. where were you thursday night?
I went to the Union Rally in the freezing cold, then to the John Street Bar afterwards.
36. brown or white eggs?
37. like rap music?
Not at all.
38. ever taken a train?
I live in New York.
39. experienced the twin towers falling in new york?
I actually wasn't at work at the time; I was out on the Island because a friend of mine had died the day before and his funeral was in Rockville Center.
40. do you know who skye sweetnam is?
No. Do you?
41. what day of the week is it?
42. what was your lunch?
Burger and onion rings from the new joint, Good Burger.
43. what is your best friend doing tomorrow?
Which one? Probably working, though.
44. what does your screen name mean?
I coined the term 'cinemology' as the study of cinema. Therefore I refer to myself as a cinemalogist.
45. ever have cream puffs?
46. have you ever seen the butterfly effect?
Yes, I did.
47. so, how about those mets. how do they make you feel?
I am fairly indifferent to most sports, but when it comes right down to it, I prefer the Mets. They're my home team, damn it.
48. when was the last time you went to the movies?
Last week, when I saw The Good Shepherd.
49. what's your boyfriend/girlfriend's sisters name?
I don't have a girlfriend, and thank you ever so much for bringing up such a painful thought. While you're at it, why not give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it. We're closed!
50. what is your bus number for school?
No mas escuala para mi.
51. is your hair curly?
No, it's wavy and/or unruly.
52. last time you cried?
When I saw Children of Men. No joke. That movie was fucked up.
53. ever walked into a wall?
I don't remember ever doing so, but I suppose I must have at some point, right?
54. favorite character in scooby doo?
The last time I saw an episode of Scooby-Doo, I was pretty horrified that I used to watch the show it was so godawful.
55. have you ever bought anything from pac sun?
56. are you currently wearing socks?
57. favorite time of the year?
58. do you enjoy the sound of violins?
59. are you a generally happy person?
I used to be. Not anymore.
60. are you wearing jeans?
Surprisingly, I am not, in fact, wearing jeans today, but khakis instead.
When was the last time you got drunk?:
What's your favorite style of socks?:
One big gift or a bunch of little gifts?:
Either is fine. It's a matter of the thought that went into it, not the magnitude of the gift.
Have you ever thrown a pair of shoes on a telephone pole wire outside?:
When is your birthday?:
Who's your best friend?:
I have more then one.
Do you like energy drinks?:
When was the last time you went to a carnival or a fair?:
I can't recall, but I did enjoy Carnivàle enough for it to get cancelled (I know Battlestar Galactica will be on the block too for the very same reason).
Do you like upside down rollercoasters?:
I don't like roller coasters much at all, actually, which is strange, because I like centrifugal force rides.
Have you ever witnessed/been in a wet t-shirt contest?:
Hotdogs or hamburgers?:
I prefer hamburgers, but I do like a good hot dog.
What's your favorite kind of chips?:
Sun Chips or the ones with sea salt and vinegar.
Have you ever twisted up a swing and then untwisted it and spun around?:
Of course. I used to have one of those tire thingees.
What was your favorite contraption at a playground when you were a kid?:
What's a helix lucorum?:
It's a (yech) snail.
What's your favorite aquatic creature?:
Who's the best teacher in your school?:
Okay... while I am no longer in school, I will mention that when I was in school, sometimes the best teachers were the ones who were the angriest.
Would you ever eat hufu?:
Why go for the fake stuff when there are so many people out there that are better off being eaten?
How far away do you live from Ontario, Canada?:
A few hours drive.
Have you ever been to Alaska?:
No, but I wouldn't mind. It looks rather nice, and I did enjoy Northern Exposure.
Ever drive your car on a sidewalk?:
Would you rather bake brownies or cookies?:
Is this a trick question?
Do you like to make s'mores at a campfire?:
Who was your favorite power ranger?:
I was too old for the Power Rangers.
What's your favorite flavor coffee?:
Do you own a knife?:
The better to eat my food with.
Are you pro or against the death penalty?:
I'm against it for practical reasons; it is more expensive than life imprisonment and does not act as a deterent. I also have moral issues with it as well, but they are rendered academic by the fact that the death penalty in practice does not do what it is supposed to do.
How many scars do you have on your body, that are non-surgical?:
A few... one underneath my eyebrow where I got hit by a golf ball when I was 16, a few other scratches here and there...
What is one turn-off of someone you are interested in?:
I don't have anybody I'm specifically interested in at the moment.
What is one turn-ON of someone you are interested in?:
Hypothetically, the big one would be intelligence. I can't stand stupid people.
Do you own a fish?:
Do you think there's other life in the universe?:
I think that statistically speaking, life has probably evolved on other planets, but as we understand the laws of physics at the moment, it is not possible for matter to travel faster than light, which is the only way that a journey over such vast distances is possible. I therefore conclude that while there is most likely something out there, it is implausible that we will ever meet them.
Are you afraid of cemetaries?:
No. Actually, they're quite peaceful.
Ever seen a bar fight?:
No. I've never been in a real fight period.
Do you wear hats/beanies?:
I wear a cabbie's hat.
Would you rather have a hoodie or a comfy winter coat?:
Comfy winter coat.
Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed?:
Open, but I live alone, so...
Are you the type that can sleep anywhere if need be?:
I can cat-nap anywhere. I can't go into a deep sleep unless I'm very comfortable.
What are you mostly addicted to?:
Movies and sweets.
Are you supposed to be doing something else instead of this survey?:
Not at the moment.
Where's the last country you think you'd ever go on vacation to?:
I'm not really a big fan of hitting anywhere third world, actually.
Have you ever eaten anything that was inside a garbage can?:
Okay, raise your hand if "ew!"
What will your wedding song be?:
I haven't even thought about it... that's a rough question as I tend to find most peoples' wedding songs to be trite and sappy.
How many times do you say "fuck" a day?:
What's your most-used swear word?:
It used to be "fuck," but since I started watching Battlestar Galactica, I've begun to substitute "frak" instead. So now it is most likely "shit." Keep in mind, I'm not clear as to what constitutes a swear word anymore.
Do you fear death?:
Do you go to the beach in the summertime?:
No. While I like the water and the ladies walking around in those bikinis, the fact of the matter is that I go from a whiter shade of pale to crisping in the noon sun very quickly.
What's your favorite video game?:
I don’t play video games.
Are you currently dating someone?:
Have you cheated on them at all?:
Have you ever played in a huge mud slide?:
Do you like to play football with your friends?:
No. I loathe football.
Do you like big crowds?:
When was the last time you checked the time?:
At 6:51 (stupid question as anybody taking the meme will no doubt glance at the time readout on their screens as soon as it is asked).
How bored are you, exactly?:
More tired than bored.
1. What is a question that people ask you that always gets on your nerves?
When I go to a customer's premesis and ask them to direct me to the house closet that I might get to the riser cable, they usually ask "Isn't that in the basement?" thus proving that their understanding of electrical theory is below junior high level.
2. Name something you have in common with all your siblings.
We can quote the entire film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, albeit out of order.
3. What is the greatest amount of physical pain you have ever endured?
When my gall bladder decided it wanted to leave me forever. But once I got to the hospital they gave me morphine, which accounts for the least amount of physical pain I'd ever endured.
4. What number of drinks constitutes your limit?
I'm not really a heavy drinker, but four or five, spread out.
5. Are you ticklish?
Yes, damn it.
6. Who is the last person you wrote a letter to?
An actual physical letter? Sheesh, I have no idea.
7. Have you fired a gun before?
No. As I indicated, I hate the damn things.
8. Name someone you consider a genius. dead or alive?
My friend Naomi is very much alive.
9. What was your favorite childhood toy?
The Millenium Falcon action playset.
10. Name a sound/phrase that disturbs you.
Anything dealing with religion (save some of the music, which can be pretty good).
11. Name something random that you would never do.
I'd never get a tattoo. I have nothing against them, I just no inclination to do so myself.
12. Name a person who's diary you would love to read.
13. Have you ever had the same dream more than once?
I don't remember my dreams, so if I have, I couldn't tell you.
14. Name a song that makes you sentimental.
Songs...? How about "The E.T. and Me" from the original E.T. LP (as opposed the expanded CD which is a different recording).
15. Name something that made you laugh this week.
A birthday card my mother showed me that outlined a dog's day.
16. How old were you when you had your first bf/gf?
I could answer this question, but then anybody reading it would be laughing so hard that they wouldn't read the next few questions.
17. There is no 17! (maniacal laughter)
18. If you were in an emergency situation and you had to deliver a baby could you do it?
I'd do my best, but yikes!
19. If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
Debunking the churches. All of them.
20. Name something you dislike about your mother.
She pauses when speaking and loses track of her thought. It's infuriating, all the more so because she passed on this ludicrous trait to me.
21. Name something you dislike about your father.
Everything I see of him in me.
22. If someone who didn't know you had to guess your name, what would they guess?
Benny Hill, probably.
23. Name something you have to do tomorrow.
Go to work.
24. Name a movie you are looking forward to watching.
As I indicated earlier, The Queen and Little Miss Sunshine are the two I'm most interested in pursuing at the moment.
25. Have you ever called 911?