You know, people say that Where Eagles Dare is unrealistic. That's nonsense. Most of those arguments are pretty easily dismissed. For example, people mention that Clint Eastwood and Ingrid Pitt kill too many Nazis to be believable, and that that it's silly that the Nazis can't shoot straight... but if you think about it, not only is the aim of many of them compromised by the surprising-in-context sight of Pitt's cleavage, but many of the Nazis are probably dying from exposure to Eastwood's Brock Sampson³ testosterone pheromones even before the bullets reach them. People say that the good guys escape unscathed, but there is the scene in which Richard Burton pricks his finger, after all. As for the argument that Pitt and Eastwood never run out of bullets, that's silly; neither do the Germans.
Major John SmithLieutenant, in the next 15 minutes we have to create enough confusion to get out of here alive. Lt. Morris SchafferMajor, right now you got me about as confused as I ever hope to be.
Yoinked from hadara is a survey:
- What bill do you hate paying the most?
I'm not really a big fan of any bill. I would say the one I like paying the least is my car insurance, because I think that it is a big scam. I do like those Geico caveman commercials, though.
- Where's the best place to eat a romantic dinner?
Er... I don't know.
- Last time you puked from drinking?
I got really blasted on some wine one afternoon... it was a long train ride...
- When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
I don't dance.
- Name of your first grade teacher?
- What do you really want to be doing right now?
I wouldn't mind going back to sleep.
- What did you want to be when you were growing up?
- How many colleges did you attend?
- Why did you wear the shirt that you have on right now?
Because it has a picture of Stewie Griffin on it with two toys, urging them to fight to the death. Why else?
- Gas prices?
I hear fry grease works as car fuel.
- If you could move anywhere and take someone with you?
I like living in New York most of the time. I already live here. As for who I'd like to take with me... no answer to that one at present.
- First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
- Last thought before going to sleep last night?
"This mattress is so comfortable..."
- Favorite style of underwear?
- Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex?
- What errand/chore do you despise?
Doing the dishes. I hate that.
- If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer at an art gallery?
- Get up early or sleep in?
I'm a night person. I prefer to sleep in, but, of course, the real world doesn't work that way.
- Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Wile E. Coyote.
- Favorite NON sexual thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
Do we have to get into that?
- A secret that you wouldn't mind everyone knowing?
I'm really sick and tired of soda.
- When did you first start feeling old?
When I was about to be laid off.
- Favorite 80's movie?
I don't have any single favorite 80s movie, but there are a few in the top... Blade Runner, The Empire Strikes Back, Trading Places, Brazil, Blue Velvet, Die Hard, Ghostbusters... there are many others as well.
- Your favorite lunch meat?
- What do you get every time you go into Costco/Kroger?
- Beach or lake?
Lake. Beaches have tides and more sun.
- Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual that was invented?
I think that it developed as a social necessity for the species. It is a general thing, of course, and does not apply to every individual, but it must have had a stabilizing influence when it developed.
- How many people do you stalk on Myspace?
Um... I don't.
- Favorite guilty pleasure?
John Ottman's X2 score.
- Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
That is the exact opposite of what my reaction would be. If I like a movie, I try to find other people that would appreciate it.
- What's your drink?
- Cowboys or Indians?
I don't follow sports.
- Cops or Robbers?
Robbers tend to be the juicier roles.
- Who from high school would you like to run into?
I am pretty much in touch with most of my friends from high school. Wouldn't mind seeing Mark Turkzan again... maybe a few others...
- Norm or Cliff?
Cliff... I mean, we're talking about House II, here.
- What happened to # 36? what?
- The Cosby Show or The Simpsons?.
Simpsons... though I don't watch that anymore.
- Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take
- Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
That's Charlie. He's funny. He makes me laugh.
- If you could get away with it, who would you kill?
- What famous person(s) would you like to have dinner with?
I don't know. I've never liked questions like this.
- What famous person would you like to sleep with?
My attractions don't usually work that way. Elisa Dushku springs to mind.
- Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
- Last book you read for real?
Second Best by David Cook.
- Do you have a teddy bear?
- Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
I have only ever brushed my teeth while they were in my mouth. They don't come out yet.
- Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
- Number of texts in a day?
A whole shitload. Between all the regular texts, I also have AIM forwarding.
- At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Both, actually. But given the choice, I think the latter.
- Do you go to church?
- Pencil or pen?
Pen for writing, pencil for drawing.
- What do you want to achieve in life?
To crush my enemies, see them driven before me and hear the lamentations of their women. Seriously, I would just like to be content.
- How old are you?
- Where do you see yourself when you are 40?