The Bronze Mist required a new hood. The underside of the other one had gotten all torn up, so it wouldn't close (this constitutes a genuine safety hazard; driving at highway speeds could cause the hood to open due to the wind). The new hood arrived at the shop today, and it will be installed tomorrow. Then, I take it back to the shop to get the inspection, and this will be one more brouhaha I can put behind me.
I haven't done any memes for a while, so...
- Were you a planned baby?
I don't think so.
- Were you the first?
- Were your parents married when you were born?
- What is your birth date?
PART 2: THE FAMILY
- Parents married or divorced?
- Are you an only child?
I have a half-brother.
- Are you the oldest, middle, or youngest?
Oldest. There's only two of us.
- Which parent do you get along with best?
- Do you have step-parents?
Yes, two, although since I never see my father, I never see his wife.
PART 3: THE FRIENDS
- Do you have more than one best friend?
- What do you like to do when you are together?
Watch movies, listen to music, play Risk™, play Jenga®, eat...
- Do you share the same interests?
I have common interests with all of my friends... they're just not the same common interests for everybody.
- Which friend can you tell everything to?
jailnurse and suitboyskin are two people I can.
PART 4: YOUR PERSONALITY
- Do you have a low self esteem?
- Do you get depressed about things easily?
- Are you happy right now?
- Do you live life to the fullest?
I'd like to... but that takes a lot of work, and sometimes I'm just not up to it.
PART 5: APPEARANCE
For comfort, mostly.
..PART 6: RANDOM
- Are you scared of growing up old and alone?
PART 7: THE OUTDOORS
- Do you prefer indoors or outdoors?
That depends on the weather.
- Favorite season?
Autumn. Nice weather and pretty colors.
- Do you like walking in the rain?
PART 8: FOOD
- Are you a vegetarian?
Of course not. Our eyes are in the front of our heads because predators need depth perception to hunt.
- Favorite food?
Italian or steak, depending...
- What food makes you want to gag?
Escargot. A snail is a slug with a shell, no matter how much garlic you put on the slimy thing.
- What is your favorite dessert?
PART 9: RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Best gift from a girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband?
I've never gotten a good one.
- Have you ever been in love?
- Have he/she ever loved you?
- Have you kissed your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband in the past 24 hours?
Repost this as "The History of (your name)"
- Are you taller than your mom?
- What color is your car?
Bronze Mist. Hence the name.
- What is the closest thing to you that is red?
The light on one of the phones.
- What is your ringtone?
- Does anything hurt on your body right now?
- What color is your favorite pillow?
I don't really form attachments with furniture sundries.
- What is your favorite video game?
I don't usually play video games.
- Had a nap today?
While commuting... which I'm about to do again, so I'll probably grab a few Zs in there along with The Wizard of Earthsea.
- Gold or Silver?
Yes, it is. And I have the receipt to prove it.
- Is there an animal that creeps you out?
There's this annoying, belligerent primate that seems to have spread to every continent. I don't know what anybody is planning to do about them, but it's a bonafide planetary infestation.
- Who was the last person you rode an elevator with?
Some random person in the office building I was just working in.
- Did you go iceskating as a kid?
- Ever have stitches?
Yes, on my eyebrow because I got hit in the head with a golf ball when I was sixteen.
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink?
- How long ago did you kiss someone?
I pecked people on the cheek Memorial Day Weekend.
- What's something you want to do before you die?
- Have you ever caught something on fire?
No. I avoid fiery flying things owing as to my inborn survival instinct.
- Have you ever seen a ghost?
I've seen lots of ghosts... in movies. Of course I haven't seen any in real life, as they do not exist.
- Have you ever seen the northern lights?
Yes, at one point the Aurora Borealis were visible in New York, my mother woke me up and took me out on the golf course to see them (yes, the same course where I was many years later hit by the golf ball).
- Do you know how to use chop sticks?
Of course. My father taught me the secret: hold them like pens and get the food into your mouth before you drop it.
- Name something good that happened today.
My hood arrived (pre-painted) at the shop.
- What room are you in?
The telephone feeder of 575 Lexington Avenue.
- Are you worried about something you can't control?
Why worry? Each of us has an unlicensed nuclear accelerator strapped to his back.
- Do you take daily medications?
- Ever been in a fight?
- Are you wearing nail polish?
- Favorite color?
- Innie or Outie?
Innie. What a strange question.
- Ever used a Ouija board?
I don't waste time with such nonsense.
- Sweet or Sour?
Sweet and sour.
- Sun or Moon?
- What shoes did you wear today?
- Favorite eye color of the opposite sex?
I don't have a preference.
- Most important quality in any relationship?
- Favorite zombie movie?
That's a rough question to ask me, but I'd have to go with the original Night of the Living Dead.
- Time of day you were born?
3:45 in the afternoon.
- Do you know your blood type?
- Do you know how to kill a zombie?
Shoot them in the head.
- What would you spend 5000 dollars on right now if you were handed it?
I'd get an HD-DVD/Blu Ray combi player. Save the rest, for now.
- Name something annoying in public transit?
Take your pick.
- Did you grow up in the city or country?
The city... well, Queens, really, which is sort of between urban and suburban.
- Would you ever consider going on a reality tv show if offered a large sum of money?
Heh. Depends on the show.
- Have you flown in your dreams?
I think so. I can't be certain, I don't really remember my dreams.
- Hugs or kisses?
Depends on whom I'm hugging or kissing, doesn't it?
- You have 10 dollars to spend in the dollar store... what do you get?
A couple of pairs of sunglasses, probably. At the rate I'm going through them...
- Slurpee flavor?
How can anybody drink something named "Slurpee?"