Yeah, I know I don't play guitar, but that means that I wouldn't ever ruin it.
Kind of like the guitar Nigel doesn't want people to even think about.
NOT WORK SAFE - Language
- Slasher Flicks or Classic Horror?
Classic horror tends to be more intelligent.
- Who is the better horror director--Wes Craven or John Carpenter?
John Carpenter has made several horror films that are really good (Halloween, The Thing), while Craven has made some okay ones.
- Which is more frightening--Graphic gore or psychological scares or gore?
Psychological scares, gore is not scary, just gross.
- Who is scarier--Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers?
Michael Myers; Jason is just silly.
- Who (or what) is your favorite horror bad guy or monster?
- Ghosts or Zombies?
Zombies are, of course, my big phobia.
- NOTLD 1968 or 1990?
1968, no question. I had the chance to see it with an audience who hadn't seen it yet, and trust me, it still scares the shit out of people.
- DAWN OF THE DEAD 1978 or 2004?
I'd have to go with the '04, but only because I haven't seen the '78 one for a very long time.
- In your opinion, what is the scariest horror flick ever?
The original Night of the Living Dead.
- If you could spend 1 hour with any horror director, which would it be?
Maybe John Carpenter.
- Do you feel that science-fiction movies like ALIEN and PREDATOR also qualify as horror films?
Genre works on several different levels. Alien is most certainly a horror film (one of the best monster movies ever made), although I'd question whether or not Predator is.
- Who is the better horror writer--Stephen King or Dean Koontz?
King! Koontz sucks, he writes the same shit over and over again.
- Do you believe in ghosts?
Of course not!
- Do you believe in anything supernatural?
- If you had the choice of becoming a vampire, would you?
Hell's no. I like garlic.
- Do you know who Ed Gein is?
Of course, but suitboyskin is the real expert.
- What is your favorite episode of Showtime's MASTERS OF
HORROR thus far?
- Hammer or Universal?
- Which is scarier--NOTLD or 28 DAYS LATER?
Technically, while 28 Days Later works like a zombie film, they're technically not zombies. So NOTLD... for personal reasons...
- Why do you enjoy the horror genre?
I don't, particularly. I like a good movie, if it happens to be horror, then so be it. But I find much of the horror genre to be gruesome, intellectually stunted and sexually retarded. Not all of them, but a lot of them... including those lauded giallo films which I can't stand.
- How do you usually introduce yourself to people?
I don't, except on the phone, where I say, "Hello, this is Josh of Verizon Special Services."
- What is the longest plane ride you’ve been on?
To the Bahamas, I think. Maybe California? I sleep through them usually, so...
- Where do you usually order pizza from?
- Have you ever been to Houston?
No, I'm steering well clear of Texas.
- Have you ever tripped going up steps?
Anybody who answers "no" is a liar.
- Who was the last person to go to the movies with you?
- What’s one thing you really hope to do this summer?
Get to use the damn pool already.
- Do you have a best friend?
I have several.
- Who’s #1 on your top?
Dan happens to be, but it's completely random.
- Is this one of your best friends?
- Are you currently fighting with someone?
Not really. I guess you could call my disinterest in Douchebag a fight, but I'm just really ignoring him... and that's most likely permanent.
- Where will you be in the next 12 hours?
I will go home, then prowl about for desserts for my parents' barbecue tomorrow. Then I will probably stay in my apartment until I receive Deathly Hallows, at which point I will set out to my parents', deliver the desserts and ignore the mob of unruly primates that they will be having over.
- What did you do 2 nights ago?
Nothing. I read. That's why I didn't know about the big explosion.
- Have you ever thrown something out of a moving car?
Well, I once threw The Fork at Russ' car whilst in motion. That's a really long story, maybe I'll tell you about it when you get a little older.
- Next 2 important days on your calendar?
Not counting tomorrow? The next two Thursdays, for personal reasons!
- Who’s the last person to text message you?
Surprisingly enough, Julie, the girl I rescued a few weeks ago.
- Last wedding you attended?
Nate and Meg's!
- Who did you get this from?
- If alcohol were banned worldwide, what would your reaction be?
I'd shrug. I'm not really a big drinker, so...
- How much money did you make today?
My regular daily wage.
- How is the weather today?
- Have you ever kissed a guy named Mike?
- What are your plans for tomorrow?
Waiting for Deathly Hallows, then delivering desserts to my parents.
- Can you see a phone right now?
Er... of course... I work for the phone company.
- When is your birthday?
- Do you own a gun?
No, I hate guns. A coward's weapon.
- Are you currently working at a job that you hate?
I don't really hate this job, but it isn't really stimulating me much.
- Ever skip school and spend the day at the beach?
- Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
A while ago... can't remember.
- Who was the last person you drove with?
My grandmother and her friend Shirley.
- How are you today?
A bit tired.
- When you’re in a bad mood, what do you do?
Listen to really violent music.
- Do you have any really crazy relatives?
The aforementioned grandmother is a good start.
- People get depressed. Are you the one they turn to?
- Does anyone in life know the real you?
Yes. I haven't been an angsty teenager for some time.
¹ - What I wouldn't give to be able to actually put the umlaut over the "N!"