You can read more about the project or watch the short at Art's website. I play Capricorn, the leader.
After having a relatively disastrous first experience with Bluetooth with the short-lived Samsung phone, I paired up the Motorola headset with the Sanyo and it was much better. Some people were complaining about the ambient sound, however, a problem that is apparently common among most Bluetooth headsets. However, armed with a bunch of Best Buy Reward Zone coupons earned from the recent laptop, wireless router and printer purchases, I was able to get a significant discount on a Jawbone.
So far, it seems to be working quite well. Manhattan is very, very noisy, but I am able to be heard and understood under almost any conditions. In fact, at one point during a conversation with suitboyskin Thursday night, I was at an intersection and two very loud trucks turned in opposite directions, crisscrossing in front of me as I was speaking. I couldn't hear my own voice, but suitboyskin could understand me perfectly.
I keep it in my pocket with the earloop tucked into my wallet; I refuse to walk around with a Bluetooth constantly in my ear like I'm Locutus of the Borg or something. It's a convenience, not a status symbol, regardless of what any mangy fleabag seems to think.
...yes, I'm a meme whore...
I've been tagged by melancthe to do this:
- List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
- Tag seven people to do the same.
- Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag "whoever wants to do it."
- I prefer having several remote controls instead of one universal remote. The universals never support all of the functions I want to be able to use, and the programmable ones never worked that well for me. Instead I have a remote control caddy that I keep all of them in (and there are a lot of them).
- I performed as George Washington, the Native American who sold Manhattan for $24 to the Dutch, the Tin Woodsman and Long John Silver in various school plays when I was younger. I also played Kretin from Visit to a Small Planet in a very different interpretation than that of Jerry Lewis.
- Tattoos seem to be coming up a lot on my friends' page of late (congrats dollyknuckles, nice non sequiter there, lehah). I have never gotten a tattoo because I have never found an image that I was so taken with I've wanted it permanently emblazoned upon my body. I think it is possible that there may be some subconscious association with tattoos and concentration camp numbers as well, although those postulating that I don't want to get a tattoo for any religious reasons are dead wrong.
- My temper has a direct relationship to the amount of sleep I do or don't get. When I'm sleeping well (which is most of the time), I am a very mild-mannered person, and will most often err on the side of prudence. When I am not sleeping well (which is rare, but it does happen), my temper is on a very short leash and I may get angry at relatively minor things. The best thing to do in such a case is to wait for me to calm down.
- I do not dance. This is not a moral or political statement of any kind, it is a psychological block I obtained because of my elementary school's torturous annual Dance Festival.
- My four years at Tower Records was the best job I'll ever have.
- My worldview has changed a bit over the past few years, even though the foundation remained the same. It has become much less politically oriented since I've started viewing people from a more biological perspective. My politics haven't changed much, but my own attitudes about them have. I just can't bring myself to care as much about them anymore.
Since I can't just tag whomever wants to do it: suitboyskin, celisnebula, heybishop, paintedponyxox, mortimusmonk, janetweiss69 and theladyrose... and anybody else who wants to can do it.
Jerry Goldsmith Adventure Suite