THE TWILIGHT ZONE: "King Nine Will Not Return," "A Hundred Yards over the Rim," "The Passerby," "Mute," "Miniature," "I Dream of Genie," "The Bard"
STAR TREK: "Charlie X," "Mudd's Women," "The Carbomite Maneuver," "Balance Of Terror," "What Are Little Girls Made Of?," "The City On The Edge Of Forever," "Who Mourns For Adonis?" "Mirror, Mirror," "By Any Other Name," "Omega Glory," "Spock’s Brain," "Elaan Of Troyius"
THE WILD WILD WEST: "The Night of the Undead"
MANNIX: "The Playground," "Figures in the Landscape," "Cold Trail"
"Run for the Sun" (1956)
"Time Limit" (1957) directed by Karl Malden
Many Steiner's "Twilight Zone" scores were recycled to death in "The Fugitive", especially "The Passerby" (season 3) and "Mute" (season 4).
Well, this is the end of the line, so to speak, for round two of the movie quote meme. There was one final quote (number 11) that nobody had gotten:
"You know what they're going to say. The Times is going to support you. The News is going to knock you. The Post will take both sides at the same time. The rich will support you, likewise the blacks, and the Puerto Ricans won't give a shit."
Yes, it is The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, the most New York movie ever made. I'm disappointed that more people didn't get it, which only means that you all need to go put the movie on your Netflix queue immediately, if not sooner.
Of course, the titular train is a Lexington Avenue local, more commonly known by its numerical designation, the 6. This is, of course, one of the trains I ride almost every work day. It's cool when your mass transit has its own theme music!
Come to think of it, trains are pretty inspirational for composers. Everybody knows Billy Strayhorn's "Take the A Train," the topical motif heard in John Williams' Superman score (heard in "Growing Up" and "Superfeats"), the nice little ditty John Morris came up with for the train sequences in Young Frankenstein), Michael Nyman wrote his propulsive Musique à Grand Vitesse for the TGV North-European Paris-Lille line...
I was tagged by lehah for this handwriting meme:
- Right or left handed?
- Favorite letter to write?
- Least favorite?
- Write "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."
- Tag 6 peeps.
From revolos55 is the pattern meme:
What Pattern Are You?
... and another survey:
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I didn't know it was physically possible for hair to do that.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
About $22 in bills, not counting whatever is in the change jar on the table.
3. What's a word that rhymes with "DOOR"?
4. Favorite planet?
Saturn looks nice, Jupiter has girth, Uranus is off-kilter, but honestly I prefer my planets to have a breathable atmosphere. So I'll go with Earth for now.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your mobile?
suitboyskin, from a couple of days ago.
6. What about the 4th text message?
Russ asking me if I wanted to get dim sum today.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
8. Do you "label" yourself as anything?
"Radical atheist," "misanthrope," you name it...
9. Name the brand of shoes you're currently wearing?
10. Bright or Dark room?
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
Question 12 is off fighting the Nazis.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
I was at a bar in Astoria, having half achieved the hangover I have today.
14. What did your last text message you received on your mobile say?
"Astoria. Come to my place at nine."
15. Where is your letter box?
The front wall of the house I lived in, next to the door. Unless you're referring to the video display format that preserves a film's original aspect ratio...
16. What's a word that you say a lot?
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
A good friend, signing off a conversation the other day.
18. Last furry thing you touched?
A blanket on one of the couches in the aforementioned bar in Astoria.
19. How many have you done in the last three days?
How many what?
20. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
None. I haven't taken a film photo in a very long while.
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
That very special age.
22. Who is your worst enemy?
23. What is your current desktop picture?
It's a tropical sunset with some extra planets in the sky.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"Peace!" to Dan last night.
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Being able to fly. A million bucks would be nice, but come on...
26. Do you like someone?
You keep asking me that.
27. The last song you listened to?
"Doña Anna" from Don Juan de Marco by Michael Kamen.
28. If the last person you spoke to was getting shot at, would you jump in front of the bullet?
29a. If you could punch one person in your life right now, who would it be?
Ryan "Douchebag" Donovan.
29b. Hug one person?
Jodi, Ryan's long-suffering wife.
30. What is the closest object to your left foot?