- It begins with a list of all 26 letters of the alphabet.
- Comment with something for me to talk about that starts with one of those letters. Make me babble about anything -- TV shows, actors, actresses, food, etc. Be creative.
- One topic per letter -- it's like a claims list! I will cross off letters as topics appear. (Just in case I'm busy check the already requested letters) If you'd like to make more than one request (for different letters), go for it. (Try to limit yourself three or four letters)
- I will post a new post talking about all 26 topics given to me.
I showed Andre my co-worker the Bell Atlantic Specials poster picture, who thought it was hysterical. He suggested that I do a follow-up; that's what I thought Special Services was going to be like beforehand, now I should draw the reality. While The B Files certainly covered some of the politics, I have to admit that the day-to-day experience actually resembles more the Waiting for the Next Drink picture I had drawn years before I got this job.
This one had been floating around for a while:
- You know how sometimes people on your friends list post about stuff going on in their lives, and all of a sudden you think, "Wait a minute? Since when are they working THERE? Since when are they dating HIM/HER? since when???" And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you should already know? It happens to all of us sometimes.
- Name: Joshua Michael. I was almost a "Jeremy." Anyone with a middle name knows that it's sole purpose is to allow your parents to signal that they're extremely pissed off at you.
- Age: 33, 34 in September.
- Location: Fresh Meadows, New York. Actually, I'm in midtown Manhattan right now.
- Occupation: Verizon Special Services Field Technician. I install and repair data circuits and get infuriated by the annoying BlackBerry program.
- Partner: None. In an effort to avoid one word answers, I'll also say "nada."
- Kids: I wouldn't mind some, they're very tender and delicious.
- Brothers/Sisters: I have a half-brother Zachary Samuel, who was born when I was a senior in high school and has just recently gotten a driver's license. Nowadays he is very technically proficient and an expert haggler, making him an indispensable resource.
- Pets: Unfortunately I can not have any of my own in my current apartment. This is why many people's pets love me so much, I lavish much affection upon them to make up for the lack of pets in my life. I would love to have one or more cats.
- List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
- Work - Ya gotta bring home the bacon, and so it is imperative that I wake up every day and drag my lazy ass into the city to do my job. It's terribly unfair, but I make do.
- Filmmaking - I have several projects in the works, one of which, The Early Mixes, is in pre-production.
- The Bronze Mist - Unfortunately, my car's transmission is on a slow decline. She makes distressed sounds when I drive her and no longer goes backwards without external motivation. This means that I sometimes have to open the car door and push the car backwards with my foot. Yes, reverse is very Flintstones. Laugh if you like, but unless you're offering to buy me a new car (or at least give me the five grand so I can do it myself), you can kiss my ass.
- School - North Hills Public School (221), Louis Pasteur Junior High School (67), Benjamin N. Cardozo High School and Queens College of the City University of New York. I used to be a pretty lousy student when I was in Junior High, and a lackadaisical one in high school, an enthusiastic one at the onset of college, then over time I had some trouble... but I was a great student when I returned to finish off my degree.
- Parents - My mother and stepdad now live in Commack. I have had little to no conflict with them since I moved out, and while I try to see them and my brother as often as I possibly can, unfortunately my current car situation is keeping me pretty local.
- Who are some of your closest friends? I have many friends, I am loathe to list them here because I don't like the idea of ranking them (one of the myriad of reasons why I dislike MySpace) and I know that as soon as I make a list, I'll realize that I'd have omitted somebody, which wouldn't mean that they meant anything less than anybody else to me, but because my brain works like that of a tribal primate because I am one.
Please copy mine below, erase my answers, putting yours in their places, and then post the result in your journal. Please elaborate on the questions which would benefit from elaboration! One-word-answers seldom help anyone out.