I have also been busy working on my new Love and War compilation, consisting of original music from North and South, books I and II. The selection process has been a little unusual, and I'll describe it in the dedicated entry, which will be coming once I put together my final draft. I am attempting, with ehowton's assistance, to adapt the Sandy Dvore illustrations for the second series for the cover at (his work for the first series was well represented on the corresponding box set). You can view the main title sequences below (First three minutes of the clips, work safe) and see how the approach changed from the intimate first book to the more epic second (you'll also hear Bill Conti's adaption of the conclusion of "Friends Farewell" from the last episode of Book I into the main title for Book II):
North and South (1985)
North and South, Book II (1986)
How Jean Simmons qualifies as a "guest star" when she's in every episode and is more prominent in both mini-series than most of the other characters is one of those things you really have to ask David L. Wolper about.
Yoinked from suitboyskin:
Give me one reason I'm going to hell.
Then if you want, post this request in your LJ, and I might tell you why YOU are doomed to eternal damnation.
Yoinked from vdkapenguin:
When you see this, post in your own journal with your favorite quote from The Princess Bride. Preferably not "As you wish" or the Inigo Montoya speech.
Inigo Montoya: Are you the Miracle Max who worked for the king all those years?And yoinked frommarinshellstone and queenbanshee:
Miracle Max: The King's stinking son fired me, and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? We're closed!
Comment with your responses, then post in your own journal:
01) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
02) What was your dream growing up?
03) What talent do you wish you had?
04) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
05) Favorite vegetable?
06) What was the last book you read?
08) Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where.
09) Worst habit?
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
11) What is your favorite sport?
12) Do you have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude?
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
16) Do you have any pets?
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
18) What was your first impression of me?
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
27) What's your favorite place to hang out at?
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
30) Do you swear a lot?
31) Biggest pet peeve?
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
34) Favorite and least favorite foods?
35) Do you believe in God?
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?