At least Mr. Barry won't find out about the project file name "Middle Aged Barry." Or the typo that yielded "John Barry Scores In the Middle Ages."
There will be a follow-up compilation called Jerry Goldsmith Scores the Middle Ages which will consist of music from Lionheart, First Knight, The Thirteenth Warrior and Timeline (his score for the European/director's cut version of Legend won't be included as it is more fantasy than medieval).
Because it came up in conversation earlier today (Facebook readers will get a link):
NOT WORK SAFE - Language and Massive Amounts of Barf
Stolen from the pack
1. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I watched "Sleeping In Light" a few weeks ago.
2. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I have a low-level OCD thing that forces me to color in my letters, but if I manage to control myself, it looks fine.
3. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Prosciutto.
4. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? They're delicious!
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Wouldn't that depend upon who I was if I wasn't me?
6. DO YOU USE SARCASM? No. ← sarcasm
7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
8. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Isn't the bridge there to keep you from falling?
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Honey Nut Cheerios.
10. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? My work boots don't have laces, nor do my boat shoes.
11. THIS IS A FREE ONE, PUT ANYTHING: Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? How can I choose something like that? It probably has chocolate in it.
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? That they're there.
14. RED OR PINK? Red or pink what? Roses? Peppers?
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Laziness.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My grandfather.
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? Only those who would have interesting comments.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jeans and black boots.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My new John Barry mix, which is past its draft stage.
20. [THIS QUESTION INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK]
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Confetti.
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? My mother's pasta sauce in the crockpot.
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The tester on my job.
24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Nobody sent me this.
25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Sports are boring.
26. HAIR COLOR? Dirty blond.
27. EYE COLOR? Steel grey. Like James Bond. Okay, they're blue. Are you happy now?
28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.
29. FAVORITE FOOD? Pasta, steak, something like that.
30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I don't mind scary movies, but I don't like the torture porn that passes for horror movies these days. So I'll go with happy endings, even if I also like ambiguous endings as well.
31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Amadeus on Blu-ray!!!,
32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Dark blue with Jimi Hendrix on it.
33. SUMMER OR WINTER? Autumn.
34. HUGS OR KISSES? If memory serves, both are required for a decent make-out session.
35. [THIS QUESTION INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK]
36. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? The other meme whores.
37. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? People who aren't meme whores like me.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I actually just yesterday finished re-reading the Ender saga including Ender In Exile, so I'm not reading anything right now.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? My cousin and I, it was one of the favors at a Bar Mitzvah.
40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I re-watched "Infection" for b5_revisited.
41. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? The symphonic orchestra.
42. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? The Flower of Carnage.
43. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? California.
44. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can wiggle my ears.
45. WHERE WERE U BORN? Long Island Jewish Hospital.
46. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Whomever cares to do this. Honestly, it's not like I'm burning to find out what my friends' favorite flowers are.
47. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER/BABY MOMMA? I haven't.
Have you ever made out in a bathroom? No.
Who was the last person to call you? The bureau manager on my repair.
Would you go back in time if you were given the chance? Would I get to ride in a snazzy, souped up Delorean to do so?
What are your plans for this weekend? None at present.
Ever been swimming in a lake or river? Yes, I learned to swim in a river.
Last person you drove with in a car? Raz.
What did you last buy? Lunch!
What’s irritating you right now? I'm not that irritated at present.
What radio station(s) do you listen to? I don't listen to the radio.
Are you afraid of the dark? No, I prefer the dark.
Are you listening to music right now? Yes, my aforementioned John Barry Scores the Middle Ages compilation.
Do you like Chinese food? Yes indeed!
What is the last movie you saw in theaters? Frost/Nixon.
Is there anyone you wish was still in your life? Aside from those who are deceased, there are few people that I don't talk to anymore that I wish I did.
Do you get distracted easily? Huh? What did you say?
Was this the best year of your life? No one year as a whole is better than the others, although there were some that were worse (1998 springs to mind).
Who are your best friends? A few people, they know who they are.
Is it easier to forgive or forget? I rarely forget things, but I can and do forgive.
Are you jealous of someone? Not at present. Why, do you have a pristine complete copy of Alex North's score for Spartacus or an expanded Conan the Barbarian by Basil Poldedouris I should know about?
What last made you laugh the hardest? John Bamberger in our high school library commenting on Denorex shampoo: "That stuff smells like the devil's anus in heat!"
Do you flirt a lot? No.
Would you live with someone without marrying them? Yes, of course. The idea of not doing so is long outdated and impractical.
Have you ever had a dream about people you love dying? No.
Who was the last person you cried in front of? I don't recall crying in front of anybody recently.
Have you ever changed clothes in a vehicle? Yes, and I'm not a big fan,
Have you ever liked someone so much that it hurts? Yes, and I only recommend doing that if the person is able to return the favor, otherwise the relationship is unbalanced and doomed.
Have you ever broken someone’s heart? Not that I know of.
What did you do yesterday? Finished up John Barry Scores the Middle Ages and worked on the cover art thereof (thanks ehowton).
Have you ever dated Someone Older Than You? Yes.
What time do you go to bed at and when do you wake? Usually between ten and midnight, my alarm is set to 6:00 A.M., although my sleep patterns have been very erratic of late for some reason.
Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance? It depends on what it is that they did.
Believe in love at first sight? I believe in lust at first sight. You can't know a person enough to love them just by seeing them.
THREES OF ME
Three names I go by:
Three Jobs I have had in my life
1. Deli (yech)
2. Tower Records and Video (the best job I'll ever have)
3. Verizon Special Services Field Technician
Three Places I have lived
Three Favorite drinks
2. Mango Nectar
Three TV Channels / shows that I watch
(I don't watch TV nor have a cable box or antennae, so these were all on DVD, save BSG which I stream)
1. Battlestar Galactica
2. Dead Like Me
Three places I have been
1. The Bahamas
People that e- mail me regularly
(actually, most of my online correspondence is through LJ comments or Facebook exchanges)
Three of my favorite foods
Three friends I think will respond
Three Things I am looking forward to
1. Whatever the big Intrada release is going to be.
2. Apocalypse Now and other films on Blu-ray.
3. Our next shoot!