From redqueenofevil is the 2011 meme:
- What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I adopted a cat. While I've lived with cats before, this is the first time that I've had one solo, where all of the responsibility is mine and mine alone. So far, it's really worked out well.
- Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions. I'm a "do or do not, there is no try" kind of dude.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody close to me.
- What countries did you visit?
I stayed local.
- What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A desktop computer.
- What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are a few of these, but the one that sticks most is May 27, which was the day that marinshellstone recorded her score for The Early Mixes. I still have her ecstatic voicemail message from after the recording sessions saved on my phone.
- What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Adopting Varinia, completing The Early Mixes and mastering the relevant soundtrack album.
- What was your biggest failure?
The ultimate fate of The Early Mixes. We shall see.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
- What was the best thing you bought?
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
marinshellstone, for coming in at the end of The Early Mixes and bringing it to true completion.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I can't really answer this question in a public post.
- Where did most of your money go?
Paying bills during the strike.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
While I'd been working on The Early Mixes for some time, this was the year it all came together, so it revitalized my interest in filmmaking.
- What songs will always remind you of 2011?
Those that appear on The Early Mixes soundtrack, particularly "All My Life" by Leroy Justice and the original track "Hope Somebody's Wating" by John Neder.
- Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
The same. Which is pretty happy, so I'm not complaining.
- What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I'd been more aggressive about the exposure plan of The Early Mixes.
- What do you wish you'd done less of?
- How did you [spend your] Christmas?
Christmas Eve was spent at my aunt and uncle's in New Canaan. Christmas Day was spent with jailnurse's family.
- There is no 21. Ha ha ha.
- Did you fall in love in 2011?
No, but I've been dating a bit.
- How many one night stands?
No. Not really my thing.
- What were your favorite TV programs?
Honestly, I've not seen much current TV this year, but I've caught up to every Star Trek on Netflix, watched Luther and The Wonder Years as well. I also really enjoy watching programs about cosmology.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I didn't even know who Lowell McAdam was last year.
- What was the best book you read?
I finally caught up to Isaac Asimov's Robot quartet.
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
Elmer Bernstein's Drango and Hans Zimmer's Thelma and Louise from Kritzerland, the music of Leigh Harline from FSM and Intrada. Also that the music for the Star Trek spin-offs got progressively better after The Next Generation.
- What did you want and get?
- What did you want and not get?
A Mac and a contract.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My family had dinner at Carmines; I turned 37 and am now officially undeniably old.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More opportunities for The Early Mixes.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Modern casual tasteful.
- What kept you sane?
Cat belly rubs.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
John Ford, because I finally caught up to Stagecoach and The Searchers.
- What political issue stirred you the most?
What political issue didn't stir me somehow this year?
- Who did you miss?
- Who was the best new person you met?
I have a date with her Friday night.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
I love filmmaking and science; someday I hope to combine the two.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
♪ There's room at the top they're telling you still ♫
♫ But first you must learn how to smile as you kill ♪
♪ If you want to be like the folks on the hill ♫